Sunday, March 25, 2007

2nd Week of Shiatsu

Went wonderfully. The class was half the size of Shiatsu One--ten students, nine of whom I knew already.

I got sick on Tuesday--cold or allergies. Wednesday one of the practioners gave me a Moxa treatment (incense-ish sorta thing treating the points.) She treated me just as class was starting and told me, "This will probably knock you out for two or three hours. Just let that happen.) I dozed off just after she finished the treatment, and was TOTALLY OUT for the whole day. I woke a few times and thought, "Oh, wow, that was a really restful...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..." Then I'd wake a few hours later. I was IN the classroom, with class going on as usual (lots of laughing and moving around) and could not rouse myself. I managed to stay awake for enough of lunch to eat a few bites, but I have no idea what I ate. I slept all night and woke feeling INCREDIBLY refreshed.

Shinzo told me to do it again the next day, but I did not want to miss another day of class. He said my kidney meridian is very "Yin" and I need to Moxa myself every day to bring it into balance. He says I will not sleep as much after subsequent treatments. He says my energy level will be much improved when I've brought the meridian into balance--and it will likely relieve some of my depression and anxiety. The kidney meridian governs fear, and waking early in the morning with a feeling of dread is a symptom of imbalance. (I'm in good shape on meds, but that was my most troubling symptom.) This is my first effort at understanding Chinese medicine, and it is amazing to me how much of it makes sense, or proves iteslf in my life empirically.

Friday morning we did a full massage from memory--no coaching from Shinzo--for our final. I remembered a lot more than I thought I would (especially missing the whole day of class. (I did have to ask for help on the body area I missed)) My "client" said I did a great job, so that's affirming. Shinzo gave me lots of compliments, too.

I have this week off. I report to Ahern's for 300 hours in 22.5 days on Saturday morning. I leave there on a Sunday at noon (three weeks later) and report back to the School of S & M that same evening. So, unless my sister brings the kids down to see me, I won't see them for a month! (whine)

I also may not get a chance to blog during that time.... And I have misplaced the disposable camera with my pics on it. I'll try to post them this week.

The kids and I are going camping in Gold Country the next few days. Their cousin does not get to come with us because her grandparents are visiting from Tennessee--so that's a disappointment. We may also go tour the Jelly Belly factory. My brother in law says its a really fun tour, and its FREE!!

Thanks for keeping up with me. The site tells me how many times my profile has been viewed, and its nice to know so may people are checking in on me!

I carry your love and good wishes for me in my heart!

No comments: